The curiosity regarding iOS 7 rose to stupendous heights much before it was launched in September 2013. However, deep analysis is desired to determine if it has really managed to enthrall non-technical users with its newfound user experience or is yet another launch from Apple that would lose sheen within a limited time. So let’s start! Fortunately, the fresh revelation from Apple Inc. managed to live up to the towering expectations of millions across the globe and is among the most sought-after in the market at present.
iOS 7 Features
The newly introduced iOS 7 promises better features and functionality as compared to its previous versions. While some of these features have been refreshed, others have been revealed a fresh, to make up for exceptional user experience. The most sought features thus include:
Control center: Lets you access necessary controls with just a swipe
Notification Center: Introduce ‘Today,’ the feature with detailed info on the current day’s status on the Share market, weather, traffic, and so on.
- Multitasking: iOS 7 can detect when you open an app every day and update it with feeds accordingly.
- Camera: Now capture images in multiple formats, including square (front and center)
- Photos: A new way to store images using Years, collections, and Moment.
- AirDrop: This Lets you share files with someone sitting close to you quickly using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Safari: The browser ensures a bigger, better, and faster surfing experience.
- iTunes Radio: The radio accompanies multiple functionalities. Apple defines it as radio-reimagined.
- Siri: Get more relevant and quick answers using Siri as it includes better sources such as Wikipedia, Twitter, Bing, etc.
Compatibility with other iOS versions
All the fresh features of iOS 7 work fine on all the iOS devices baring few, such as AirDrop is not available for iPhone4, iPhone4s, and iPad2. Overall, the operating devices come out with flying colors incompatibility tests as well.
Related Articles :
- Giving her a mobile phone makes economic sense
- T-Mobile warns some iPhone users against installing iOS 10
- 5 world-building games for Android and iOS inspired by Minecraft
- Hosting Provider: What You Need to Know About WordPress
- WSJ: With autoplay available for iOS and Android browsers, expect to see more video in the future
iOS 7 Vs. other mobile OS
Besides being admired for so many advantages, iOS 7 has also received certain negative responses. Some of the possible factors in this regard include slow speed, the inability of Airdrop for all iOS devices, discouraging touch response on iPad, app migration and backward compatibility challenge for mobile application developers, and high battery consumption.
Like all other OS, this one has also received mixed reactions. There may be certain disadvantages of using iOS 7, but concerning a wide range of advantages it offers over other versions and mobile operating systems, it still holds a cutting edge. To summarize, iOS 7 is indeed better in User Experience.
The author writes for Finoit Technologies, the IT Company that holds high credence in iOS development and serves its global clients with reliable mobile app development services in this domain. It stands out in delivering interactive designs and visual styles for iOS apps and promises a much above-par user experience in all its iOS development endeavors.