Laptops are becoming more popular these days, more affordable and the perfect thing to take almost everywhere with you. But do you know the steps to keeping your laptop running in optimal form? If we do not take care of our electronics, they will soon wear out and need to be replaced. The following article will share some home computing tips with you for getting more from your technology.
1. Don’t keep your laptop battery plugged in all of the time when in use. While many people may feel that it is beneficial to the computer to keep power running from the wall instead of the battery making the computer run, this is not necessarily the case. If you keep your laptop or netbook plugged into a power source for long periods of time, it will strain the battery and make it incapable of holding or keeping a charge for very long. This means that if your computer once used to be able to run for 8 hours without needing a charge, by keeping it plugged in constantly after the time is needed for a full battery, you could find your laptop unable to run without being plugged in due to a battery that is no longer able to keep a charge on its own.
Related Articles :
- 4 Tips For Using Snapchat To Grow Your Business
- Marlborough racing recommendations for Monday
- Speed Up Computer Tips
- Four Tips for Creating an Efficient Marketing Department
- 3 Benefits to Using Cloud Yoga Business Software for Your Yoga Studio
2. Do you have a memory stick that you regularly plug into your computer via USB? Did you know that you can ruin not only your memory stick but also the ports on your computer if you do not properly remove your stick once finished using it on your computer? On the bottom right hand side of your computers task bar are some icons. If you scroll over them, you will see one that says “safely remove hardware” you need to click on that in order to deactivate the commands for the USB port and release the device safely without risking blowing the circuits and the computer’s ability to read the USB port.
These two tips may apply to some of your other technology such as your cell phone battery or iPad. You must always take measures to protect your devices to keep them in top working order for as long as possible. We all know how much easier aspects of our lives have become due to these items. Do you really want to end up without them once again by not taking the little steps that are needed to keep them working their ultimate best?