Squirrels can cause a lot of damage to your roof. They can make holes in your roof, peel the shingles and chew the roof in order to make their way inside your home. And once they form up their way into your house they will destroy your insides and expose your attic to snow and rain.
Below are some tips to prevent squirrels from damaging your roof:
Inspect your roof regularly:
- You should make a habit of inspecting your roof and checking for damage on a regular basis. Plan on your cleaning schedule and follow up according to that.
- Look around your house and see if there are any shingles damaged by squirrels or any gutters destroyed and in case you come to notice any such problem then call a contractor at earliest possible.
- Having wet spots, animal leftovers or strange odour are all the signs that you could probably have a squirrel roaming around. Make sure to get your roof repaired whenever required as weak areas on your roof are more prone to squirrels and other pests.
Get the trees around your trimmed:
- Squirrels are tree climbing animals and if your tree branches are attached to your house then they could easily find a way into your place.
- That’s why you need to get your trees trimmed from time to time as they are a home to squirrels and that way they might find a way to get itni your house thereby destroying your roofs.
- More difficult it is for the squirrels to get into your house, the more difficult it would be for them to damage your roof or attic.
- You might also consider using tree guards or baffles to keep squirrels away. These guards basically make it difficult for the squirrels to climb trees.
Keep your gutters clean:
- Keeping your gutters clean is very essential as they can fill up with leaves and sticks which again attract squirrels. Having a clogged gutter can turn into a home for squirrels and other insects.
- If you don’t pay attention to your gutters and keep them clean regularly then it can lead to entry of pests in your home.
- Gutters divert the rainwater away from your house and roof. In order to get your gutters cleaned consider hiring a professional company who will provide you a promising service.
Contact a good quality roofing contractor:
- Squirrels can damage your roof to a great extent and can cause other structural problems that is why it is important to get fixed any such related issues the moment you notice.
- Hiring a good quality roofing contractor is a must in order to get rid of such issues and get your roof repaired for permanent. They can fix all your roofing problems before they turn bad.
- But make sure that all the insects are out of the place before getting a permanent solution done to it. Because if you fix the roof with a squirrel or any other insect still residing inside then it will add more to the damage. Hence, check properly and then resort to the next step.