THE ABDUCTION of 7 Indians on Sunday has added attention to India’s projects in Afghanistan, which have crossed $2 billion in the ultimate 16 years. Last September, the 2 nations agreed to provoke an ambitious and forward-searching ‘New Development Partnership,’ in keeping with which India agreed to take up 116 excessive-effect community improvement projects to be applied in 31 provinces of Afghanistan, consisting of inside the fields of training, health, agriculture, irrigation, ingesting water, renewable strength, flood control, micro-hydropower, sports infrastructure, and administrative infrastructure. Sources advised The Indian Express that the brand new.
Indian ambassador to Afghanistan, Vinay Kumar, has been in touch with the Afghan government to push forward those tasks. “Bilateral improvement cooperation is a key pillar of the strategic partnership, and the tremendous impact of the tasks implemented underneath the $2 billion development and monetary help prolonged via India to Afghanistan has contributed towards social, monetary, infrastructure and human useful resource improvement in the united states of America,” stated a South Block supply.
According to officers, the brand new projects are:
* Shahtoot dam and drinking water venture for Kabul that would additionally facilitate irrigation.
* Low-cost housing for returning Afghan refugees in Nangarhar province to promote resettlement.
* Road connectivity to Band-e-Amir in Bamyan province might promote tourism to the national park and financial improvement.
* Water delivery community for Charikar town in Parwan province.
* Establishment of a gypsum board production plant in Kabul to promote cost-delivered enterprise.
* Construction of a polyclinic in Mazar-e-Sharif.
* Development of verbal exchange infrastructure (optic fiber) and Surobi 2 hydropower plant with the capability of a hundred and eighty MW.
Besides these new initiatives, there are some ongoing initiatives as properly. These consist of:
* Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health (IGICH): India has been assisting IGICH because of its inception; the reconstruction was executed with Indian authorities’ assistance in 2002 ($6 million). A medical device worth Rs 17.16 cr has already been delivered and installed. Another $1 million has been provided to IGICH, Kabul, to be utilized over the following 5 years for ordinary renovation, putting in extra facilities, and training of doctors, nurses, paramedics & technical group of workers of the medical institution.
* Construction of a decentralized wastewater treatment machine alongside a vital sewage device.
* Habibia High School, Kabul: After reconstruction of the school at the cost of $5.1 million, India has been helping the college by way of the upgradation of centers, training of teachers.
* Contribution to Afghan Red Crescent Society: India contributes $1 million yearly to the program to deal with youngsters stricken by congenital coronary heart disease over a duration of subsequent five years.
* Establishment of Afghan Mining Institute in Kabul: India is providing technical and monetary assistance based on the Afghanistan authorities’ request.
* Afghan National Agriculture Sciences and Technology University (ANASTU) was mounted with the Indian government’s monetary & technical assistance.
Besides those authorities-funded tasks, Aptech, a personal firm, presents IT schooling for Afghan adolescents inside the united states. Among the Indian companies doing commercial enterprise in Afghanistan, mainly within the strength quarter, are KEC (electric transmission strains), Phoenix (consultancy in electrical transmission), AIPL (established order of hydropower undertaking in Helmand province), Gammon India (power transmission line & electricity sub-stations), KPTL (electricity transmission line). Besides, aviation company SpiceJet is also energetic in Afghanistan. Sources said India had played a “tremendous position” inside the reconstruction and rehabilitation procedure in Afghanistan.
Officials said India’s considerable developmental help program is a “robust sign of its abiding commitment to peace, balance, and prosperity in Afghanistan.” This makes India one of the leading donor nations to Afghanistan and, by using ways, the largest donor inside the location. MultiCam is a multi-environmental camouflage sample designed to assist foot soldiers in concealing in various elevations, seasons, and lighting fixtures. Over the year, squaddies in Afghanistan have been issued new Army Combat Uniforms (ACUs) in MultiCam because the gradient camouflage pattern blends higher into the USA’s terrain of woodlands, mountains, and wasteland. Also called Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern, or OCP.
MultiCam became advanced using Crye Precision, which at the time changed into already collaborating with the Army on a new soldier device. Research for a camouflage pattern effective in all environments started in 2002. The group took photos of various terrains, rocks, and plant life and studied animal camouflage to discover common aspects. 12 patterns were created earlier than selecting the sample, now called MultiCam or OCP. At the time, MultiCam changed into no longer being selected for the brand new ACU, and as an alternative, the Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP) became used.
Considered a transitional camouflage pattern, MultiCam reflects the encompassing environment via taking a common inexperienced or tan look. With a brown to light tan gradient base, with drab green spotted with dark brown and pink blotches in between, MultiCam tricks the human eyes’ belief of color and disguises quantity and shape. While UCP is better suited to Iraq’s wasteland and concrete environments, wherein it becomes tested, it proved to be much less efficient in Afghanistan. As a result, the Army began four-component checking out in September 2009 to discover a new sample for foot soldiers in Afghanistan. Multiple camouflage patterns had been first examined in opposition to various terrains. Then, pics of six camouflage styles, inclusive of MultiCam and UCP, against 8 terrains have been taken, and about 750 infantrymen had been requested to choose the photos and rank the styles’ effectiveness. Out of those assessments, MultiCam becomes selected above the others.
OCP uniforms for floor squaddies in Afghanistan were issued in August 2010, and the following step is equipping the Army aircrews. According to May 31, 2011, Army Times article titled “Aircrew Uniforms to Match Others in Afghanistan,” the 159th Combat Aviation Brigade was the first to get hold of OCP uniforms and gear; next, the 3,000 aircrew participants deployed yearly will acquire the identical kind of tools, maximum of which replaces preceding UCP device.
In addition to OCP, Army Aircrew Combat Uniforms, all of which have flash-fire protection and can be worn with Microclimate Cooling Vests, issued MultiCam tools includes a Primary Survival Gear service, a tender frame armor cowl, an aircrew survival egress knife sheath, a quick tether for the group defend and medic, two extra M4 ammunition wallet for OH-58 Kiowa and AH-sixty four Apache pilots, transportable helicopter oxygen delivery system pouches, and an encrypted aircraft wireless intercom device pouch.