Acne conglobata: Type of Acne wherein interconnected nodules are placed below the pores and skin floor. Zits mechanica: Zits as a result of publicity to warmth, covered skin, stress, or repetitive friction. Acne vulgaris: The maximum not unusual Kind of Zits, related to blackheads, whiteheads, papules, and pustules, commonly referred to as zits or acne. Actinic keratoses: Precancerous growths that may seem pink, thick, and difficult; usually located on solar-damaged skin. Age spots: Flat, brownish patches at the pores and skin resulting from solar exposure and perhaps getting old; additionally called “liver spots
Alopecia: Uncommon hair loss, most usually on the scalp.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs): Exfoliating elements derived from fruit and milk sugars to help lessen the arrival of wrinkles and age spots. Antioxidants: Nutrients A (which include beta carotene), C, and E, thought to repair and defend skin cells through neutralizing unfavorable unfastened radicals. Atopic: An antibody gift within the pores and skin makes someone much more likely to enjoy hypersensitive reactions.
Basal cell carcinoma: Type of skin most cancers that form at the bottom of the skin’s epidermis and usually do no longer unfold to different components of the body; related to lengthy-term overexposure to the sun. Benzoyl peroxide: Topical Pimples treatment that kills Acne-causing micro organism. Blackhead: A clogged pore typically filled with hardened oil and useless skin cells; the tip is seen at the pore starting. Blepharoplasty: Beauty procedure to put off excess fat and pores and skin from across the eyes. Chemical peel: Chemical answer implemented to the pores and skin to take away damaged outer layers. Dermabrasion: manner wherein a rotating brush is used to abrade, or take away, the outer floor of the pores and skin.
Dermatitis: Inflammation of the pores and skin.
- Epidermis: The center layer of the pores and skin.
- Eczema: Inflammatory reaction inside the skin that can lead to redness, itching, and scaling.
- Epidermis: The outer layer of the pores and skin.
- Exfoliate: To slough off the outer layer of skin cells.
- Follicle: A shaft inside the pores and skin via which hair grows.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane and different logo names): Oral diet A-primarily based medicinal drug used to deal with extreme Pimples.
- Laser resurfacing: Laser manner to get rid of symptoms of getting old, consisting of pleasant strains, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Melanin: A chemical inside the body that gives skin and hair their unique shade.
- Melanoma: Existence-threatening shape of pores and skin cancer that generally develops in an existing mole.
- Mole: Pigmented skin lesion additionally referred to as a nevus.
- Noncomedogenic: A product not probable to clog pores and cause Acne lesions.
- Papule: Zits lesion that looks like a small, pink bump at the pores and skin.
- Photo-ageing: skin damage that outcomes from prolonged overexposure to the solar.
- Phototherapy: Artificial ultraviolet (UV) radiation treatment for some skin sicknesses.
- Plaque: Raised, however noticeably flat, the patch of pores and skin.
- Psoriasis: pores and skin situation characterized with the aid of red, raised, scaly patches.
- Pustule: Inflamed Zits lesion containing pus.
- Retinoids: Derivatives of diet A used to deal with a diffusion of pores and skin situations.
- Rosacea: pores and skin condition characterized by outstanding spider veins and once in a while swelling.
- Sclerotherapy is a remedy that reduces the arrival of varicose veins and spider veins by injecting them with a special answer.
- Sebaceous glands: Oil-producing glands within the pores and skin which are connected to hair follicles.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: Scalp situation associated with itching and flakiness (dandruff) that also can arise on the face.
- Skin biopsy: Diagnostic process wherein a portion of the pores and skin is removed for examination in a laboratory.
- Spider veins: Small reddish or purplish sunburst-fashioned veins underneath the pores and skin.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Type of skin most cancers that paperwork in outer layers of the skin, able to spread to different parts of the body, and associated with long-time period overexposure to the solar.
- Subcutis: The layer of fat below the pores and skin.
- Telogen effluvium: Hair loss is brief, regularly related to strain, illness, or recent childbirth.
- Topical: A product applied to the pores and skin.
- Tretinoin: Topical retinoid used to treat Zits with the aid of unclogging pores; also used to reduce signs of Photograph-growing old.
- Ultraviolet light: The solar’s UVA and UVB rays can motive each skin harm and skin cancers.
- Urticaria: Raised reddish, itchy regions, additionally called hives.
- Varicose veins: Huge blood vessels that seem as blue bulges underneath the skin; may be related to swelling, ache, and different signs and symptoms.
- Whitehead: Closed Pimples lesion resulting from a clogged hair follicle.